Chief Executive, ALONE
Seán Moynihan has been Chief Executive of ALONE since 2008. Prior to ALONE, after a career in senior management in the private sector, Seán started his journey in the NGO sector as Head of Housing and then Director of Services for the Simon Community. He went on to work as a Management Consultant providing strategic planning services. Seán’s ethos of compassionate and effective service delivery with a results-driven approach has led to sustained growth experienced by ALONE in the past 8 years.
- The number of older people supported has increased over 6 fold.
- Increased volunteer numbers from 45 to 520.
- Increased staff number from 4 to 20 to meet the demand.
- Introduced new key service of Support Coordination.
- Developed key partnerships and alliances with the aim of consolidating the sector and influencing policy change for older people.
- Launched Befriending Network Ireland, an ALONE led initiative of 53 Befriending organisations nationwide.
- Signed up to Housing Regulator, Charity Regulator and Governance Code.
- Led the formalisation of ALONE Board and creation of 3 Sub Committees.
- Awarded 3 quality standards: ISO 9001:2008, Befriending Quality Standard and Investing in Volunteers award.
- One of sixteen Irish Housing Providers who are Housing Finance Agency approved.
- Digitalised the organisation through introduction of Management Information System.
Seán’s aim for ALONE for the coming years is to lead the formation of the Age Sector through the sharing of learning and technology and through Strategic partnerships.