What is the Data Society?
What does it mean for citizens, for you, for your business?
What is the potential for positive innovation and societal benefits that arise from the good use of data?
How do you protect your personal data?
Is your business ready for the new EU law on Data Protection?
The Minister for Data Protection, Dara Murphy T.D., and the Government Data Forum are delighted to announce the Data Summit Dublin 2017.
The Data Summit Dublin provides a unique opportunity to hear leading international, European and Irish speakers debate the social, technical, ethical and cultural issues that arise in the context of our world of total connectivity, from discussions on the future of privacy and trust in the digital age to how you can manage your own privacy in an online world.
|Themes of interest to include:
||Join us for practical workshops by, amongst others, the:
Themes of interest to include:
- General discussions of topics, insights from thought leaders; challenges and opportunities;
- Latest regulatory information;
- GDPR readiness;
- Updates on technical trends and their implications for attendee;
- Socio-economic impacts of regulatory and technical trends; and
- Potential for data to enable positive innovation and change for good.
Join us for practical workshops by, amongst others, the:
- Irish Data Protection Commissioner’s Office;
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP); and
- Centre for Information Leadership Policy (CIPL), amongst others.
- Hear the current status and overview of key developments in the area of data and data driven technologies;
- Hear thought leaders on key topics around data;
- Participate in ‘how-to’ sessions that will help you and your organisation prepare for the GDPR and data-related regulations;
- Get your data-related questions answered;
- Have the opportunity to network and share in the discussion with relevant communities; and
- Gain valuable and practical knowledge to bring back to your company.
Digital technologies offer enormous potential for every aspect of our society and economy. They are already at the heart of how we go about our daily lives and we are all generating and using ever greater volumes of personal data. By bringing together a wide range of attendees from enterprise, civil society, public bodies, academia and the public, the Data Summit will stimulate a far-reaching and inclusive discussion on the role of data in modern society.
The time is right for this discussion and as the Digital Capital of Europe, Ireland is the right place for this discussion to happen.
We look forward to seeing you there!